Children & Family Activities at Selby Abbey
At Selby Abbey we offer a warm welcome to children and families, and we have a wide range of children's activities. These range from our Sunday School, during our 10 am Sunday Service, to our very own “messy church” Family Funtime @ the Abbey. We also have a choir, drama club and Family FILM time.
For more details see the information below, or come and visit us! Download poster
10am, 1st & 3rd Tuesdays for 1 hour in the St Nicholas Centre in Selby Abbey.
An opportunity for worship and play for Babies and Toddlers with their Parents, Grandparents or Carers, with Tea, Coffee and conversation! Download poster
During the 10am Sunday service
Family friendly, including stories and activities linked to the Sunday’s bible readings. The Children will go out of the service to the St Nicholas centre (in the Abbey) during the 10am service, before returning to their families before Communion.
If you like Singing and would like to join the Abbey Choir, please contact Dr Roger Tebbet, Director of Music, via the Abbey Office (Tel. 01757 703123).
- During term time, and on Christmas day and Easter day, the Choir sing at the 10am Sung Eucharist and 6.30pm Choral Evensong (1st Sunday – Full Choir)
- The Choristers also sing special services and perform an annual summer concert.
- Choristers practise Tuesdays 5pm – 6pm and Friday 6pm – 8pm
1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Sundays during school term times
4pm – 5.15pm for children aged 6 – 14 years.
A fun and free drama club for children, held in the Hawdon Institute next to the Abbey.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in!
Family Funtime @ the Abbey
4 – 5:45pm 2nd Sunday of the month
- A family friendly “messy church” afternoon, with a story, games, fun activities, music and Party Food!
- For ages 2 to 12 years! (All children should be accompanied by an Adult)
Family FILM Time!
4pm 4th Sunday of the month
A family film afternoon with popcorn and snacks. Family Filmtime 2016 dates